A little while back, we extracted our Risk Assessment Tool from our Risk Assessment Training course, meaning that it can be accessed for free!
What is a Risk Assessment?
A Risk Assessment is a process of evaluating all risks that may be present in a workplace, involved in a project, or even involved in a simple undertaking.
Why should I assess risks?
There are a number of risks present in all workplaces, which can pose threats to employees. Assessing these risks gives you an opportunity to put appropriate control measures in place and/or eliminate the risk altogether.
Risk assessments are also a legal requirement for every business. The law states:
The law states that a risk assessment must be 'suitable and sufficient', ie it should show that:
- a proper check was made
- you asked who might be affected
- you dealt with all the obvious significant risks, taking into account the number of people who could be involved
- the precautions are reasonable, and the remaining risk is low
- you involved your workers or their representatives in the process
For more information on risk assessments and managing risks at work, please head over to the HSE Guidance Website.
7 reasons you should use our Risk Assessment Tool!
- It's free!
- It can all be done online saving you time and paper.
- You can add multiple hazards to an assessment.
- Set review and action dates.
- Highlight the severity of each hazard.
- Create as many assessments as you want!
- All risk assessments are stored online and can be accessed at any time.
How can I get access to the free Risk Assessment Tool?
Head over to My Risk Assessment to get this tool for free. Simply register and get instant access!
If you're looking for training to accompany the tool, then please check out our Risk Assessment Training, which provides a much better overview of assessing risks!