The aim of this course is to provide more in-depth knowledge about the equal opportunities those with disabilities should be given, how both visible and invisible disabilities might impact someone's working life, and what you can do to make sure that people with disabilities are given equal consideration and fair access to the same opportunities as people without disabilities. There are more than 14 million people with disabilities in the UK, which means it’s very likely that we all know someone with a disability.
By the end of this training, users will:
- Understand how visible and invisible disabilities can affect people in & out of work
- Understand how the law protects people with disabilities from discrimination
- Learn what support, practices, and policies should be in place in your workplace
- Know how each employee can make sure people with disabilities are given equal consideration and fair access to the same opportunities as those without disabilities
- The course also includes an insightful interview with one of our actors, Holly, who has a disability, about her past experiences
This course can be completed in just 55 minutes and is Citation Approved.
Inclusion Week 2021
Inclusion Week will take place from 27 September – 3 October. This is the ninth year Inclusive Employers has brought organisations together from across the globe to celebrate, share and inspire inclusion practices.
This years theme is #UnitedForInclusion. #UnitedForInclusion is an evolution of the 2020 theme - ‘Each One, Reach One’ - and of the connections that were made from 16 million participants.
You can find out more about Inclusion Week here.
If you would like to try our Disability Awareness & Inclusion Training, you can get instant access today!
We'd also like to make a special thanks to BAM Construction for letting us use one of their construction sites to help bring this course to life!