We sat down with some of our Web & Support team to talk about their top tips for staying safe online. With most of our working lives & tools now online, it is important to know how to keep your password safe, your security settings up to date and report any suspicious activity to your technical support team. Our team had the following advice...
My best piece of advice would be to keep your social media privacy setting up to date so people don’t know when you’re on holiday or exactly where you live.
Treat your passwords like underwear. Keep them out of sight, change them frequently and don’t share them with anyone else.
My top tip is to be cautious when connecting to public Wifi. Be careful when entering your personal information online and use a VPN if you can.
My top tip would always be to report an email you think is suspicious even if you’re not too sure.
My top tip is to use a password manager where possible. I would also recommend using two-factor authentication on all of your accounts.
Some other useful tips are:
- Don’t leave devices unattended in public areas
- Make your passwords unique with upper/lower case letters, numbers & special characters - you wouldn’t believe how many people still use password123!!
- Keep software up to date
- Back up important documents/information
- Don’t think ‘it won’t happen to me’
- Install anti-virus protection
- Lock up your devices when you’re away
- Check if the site you’re using has 'https://'
- Learn how to recognise spam/suspicious emails
Cyber Security Training
Unfortunately, approximately 32% of businesses and 22% of charities have reported cyber security breaches or attacks in the last 12 months.
In our Cyber Security Awareness Training, we cover an overview of cyber security, what you can do to prevent breaches from happening and what to do before a breach happens, what to do if it happens and recovery plans.
If you would like to help your organisation become more aware of cyber security threats and know what to do should one happen, then get started with your free trial today!