About this course
It's estimated that around 555,000 workplace injuries happen every single year in UK workplaces.
It's therefore essential that workplaces have the correct people in place to deal with potentially life-threatening situations and that other staff have a good understanding of how to react in an emergency.
This IIRSM Approved First Aid at Work Training is the perfect course for workplaces of all sizes, regardless of their industry. Using high-quality video examples, your staff will gain a solid understanding of:
- the need for a first aider to be able to record incidents, prevent cross-infection, understand their role and assess situations quickly to act safely and effectively
- how to administer first aid to those who are; unconscious, choking, burned, wounded and bleeding or someone suffering from shock
- how to administer first aid for minor injuries (cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, etc.)
- how to administer CPR and how to use an AED
- as well as how to administer first aid to a casualty with: injuries to bones, muscles, chest injuries, eye injuries, poisoning, anaphylaxis
- be able to recognise signs of a heart attack, stroke, epileptic seizures, asthma attacks or diabetes and provide first aid
Please note that this online training course does not give you full competency in First Aid. It provides general awareness but should not be used as a replacement for practical training. Always seek medical advice in case of an emergency.
First Aid at Work Test & Certificate
Our Free LMS
Our LMS is laser focused on providing the features you need without the unnecessary baggage or administrative cost of an enterprise LMS.
We work hard to make onboarding, managing and reporting on your employee training as simple as it can be, ensuring that you can see the full picture at a glance but dive deeper as and when you need to.
Available in 29 languages
Machine translated content is included for free with all our popular courses.
It covers LMS navigation, course transcripts and test questions. If you don't see a course listed in the language you require, just let us know.
Our most popular languages