Key Features & Benefits of this Course
- Complete online in around 30 minutes
- CPD approved
- For management and organisation leaders
- Improve management skills
- Prevent and tackle bullying and harassment at work
- Create a positive culture of dignity and respect
- Supports current legislation
- Free trial, online demo and bulk discount available
- Refresher course available
Bullying & Harassment at Work - Course for Management Course Contents
1. What are bullying and harassment?
In this section, we explain what bullying and harassment are, and the difference between the two. We explain the different types you may come across at work and we explain how you can identify them. We also cover imbalance of power and the fine line between bullying and strong management.
2. How do I tackle bullying?
This section educates you on HOW you can tackle bullying and harassment. We cover policies, fear of retribution, and offer step-by-step guidance on handling it both informally and formally. We shed some light on the reasons behind bullying, its effects, and the negative impact it can have on your business.
3. How can I prevent bullying from happening?
This section is integral in PREVENTING bullying and harassment from entering your workplace. It explains the importance of raising awareness, enforcing a zero tolerance rule, leading by example, and implementing strategies that create a positive culture at work.
Test & Certificate
This Bullying & Harassment at Work - Course for Management course concludes with a 20 question multiple choice test with a printable certificate. In addition, brief in-course questionnaires guide the user through the sections of the training and are designed to reinforce learning and ensure maximum user engagement throughout. As well as printable user certificates, training progress and results are all stored centrally in your LMS (Learning Management System) and can be accessed any time to reprint certificates, check and set pass marks and act as proof of a commitment to ongoing legal compliance.
Legislations relating to bullying and harassment in the workplace:
- The Sex Discrimination Act protects people from discrimination on the grounds of sex or marital status.
- The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act made intentional harassment a criminal offence.
- The Protection from Harassment Act made it a criminal offence to pursue conduct that leads to harassment, or fear that violence will be used. If convicted, someone can be sentenced to up to six months in prison, or get a fine of up to £5000.
- The Equality Act ensures the workplace is a fair environment for all employees, while respecting the protected characteristics of each individual. See our Equality and Diversity Training for more information.
- The Health & Safety at Work Act ensures that employers are responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all employees while they’re at work.